I've worked on several home decorating projects lately and have another big one in the works. Just thought I'd share what I've been up to in making our home a little more comfy for us.
First up is this cross that I decorated for our master bedroom. I used a quote from Bob Hazlett who was a guest speaker at our church a while back. It says "Every problem we have is an invitation to learn who God is." I love that...
I covered a paper mache cross that I found at Hobby Lobby with acrylic paint then I decoupaged on the polka dot patterned paper. Next I took the beautiful vintage lock from Blue Fern Studios, inked it up with brown ink then softened the edges with white ink, tied some twine around it and added an enamel dot. The wood veneer hearts got a little ink around the edges and an enamel dot of their own then I glued them onto the cross.
Here are some detail shots...
Next up is a Fall decoration piece that hangs out in our family room.
This Fall subway art was a freebie download from the Internet. I can't find my original source for this Silhouette file...sorry! It is a print and cut file that I printed on our color printer then I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out all the little details - the acorns, pumpkins and leaves. I inked the edges of these little bits then glued them to the printed image. I then mounted the finished image onto patterned paper and popped it into an 8x10 frame I found at Michael's. I love how it turned out the warm, rich colors make me want to curl up in front of the fireplace. I made a second one of these for a harvest themed auction basket for son #3's class.
This next project was for the Jingle Bells themed auction basket for son #2's class but I will be making another one to fill in the above frame when Christmas decorations come out in our house.
This print and cut file I created myself in my Silhouette software using some existing files I had purchased. I printed the image on our color printer and then cut the little details (holly leaves, trees, and poinsettia flowers) out of patterned paper and cardstock, inked the edges and glued them to the printed image. Once again, I matted the finished image on patterned paper and popped it into an 8x10 frame.
The big project I'm working on is a map of the United States for a blank wall in our family room. I have all the states cut out and I've inked all the edges, now I have to adhere it to a black foam core board and cover it with Mod Podge to protect it. I think I'll use some wood planks I have in the garage to mount the foam core board on and then up it will go. I promise to share pictures when it's completed.
I'm off for now...the boys and I have to figure out what they are going to dress up as for Halloween while they're home on their Fall break this week so I better get moving...the week is almost over!