Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Monday, September 20, 2010

I have another basic Grey Oliver layout to share with you all.  This one highlights the beauty that the change in seasons brings.  We have this great store called The Barn and it's really a bunch of stores within a store - individual vendors have areas set up within this old barn selling their wares.  Some really cool stuff from antiques to handmade goodies.  The Barn sits right in the heart of town, directly across from the fire station.  Not sure how long it's been there but it's a littl weird seeing this huge barn in the middle of town. 


This photo was taken during Trick or Treat Street last year.  The boys and I were downtown trick-or-treating at all the little shops and I looked up and saw these huge icicles hanging from the roof of The Barn.  I had to snap a photo and love how the contrast of the red windowframe and white of the building looks.  The Basic Grey Oliver papers were perfect for this and the lovely kit available over at Queen Scraps this month even included these designer half pearls that I made the snowflake out of. 

Snow season is sneaking up on us faster than I'm prepared for.  Wonder if we'll have snow for Trick or Treat Street again this year???
Pin It!

2 comments:

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

This is a great layout - the papers and photo go together perfectly and I love the pearl snowflake.

Unknown said...

Oh I just adore that picture and the LO!