Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Monday, September 5, 2011

1st Days Layout...

So I finally got my hands on the Lawn Fawn Say Cheese stamp set and couldn't wait to start playing with it.  Seriously...that Polaroid style stamp is so stinkin cute!   I had high hopes of doing a layout with the kids' pictures from the first day of school this year only to discover that I didn't have any clear pictures from that day.  Really...what setting did I have that darn camera on anyhow???  I'm thinking I'll be doing a re-enactment with the kids so I can get good pictures - I'm sure my teenager will love that (wink!).  Anyhow...I was set on doing a first day of school layout - it's hard to change my mind when it's set on something.  I had to go back into the picture archives to find some that I hadn't already scrapped which took me back to 2009...the first year all three boys were even in school.  This is what I came up with.
Supplies Used: Acrylic die cuts - The Paper Studio; Alphabet die cuts - Jillibean Soup; Brad - Recollections; Cardstock - Bazzill; Die Cuts - Basic Grey; Embroidery Floss - DMC; Ink - ColorBox, Memento & StazOn; Patterned paper - Core'dinations & Basic Grey; Pen - Pigma; Stamps - Lawn Fawn, Studio Ali Edwards by Technique Tuesday & Imaginesce; Sticker - Karen Foster Designs

I started receiving the Studio Ali Edwards stamps in July and I've been watching a lot of Nichol Magouirk's videos over at Two Peas in a Bucket for inspiration on how to use them on my layouts and I love how I can create my own custom embellishments.  Besides...I love Ali's handwriting.  Now if we could only convince Kristina Werner to make stamp sets with her beautiful handwriting!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Very cute page, Catherine. Or maybe your boys would rather I choose a different adjective.