Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dreading It!

I worked on this week's sketch from Sketch Inspiration you should come over and join us.  I've been waiting to get my hands on the Simple Stories Aweso{ME} collection and finally did yesterday so, of course, I had to use it.  I love that it's a very age neutral boy kit.  Seeing as my boys are quite spread out in age, I appreciate that there are pieces of this collection that will work for layouts about all of them.  This particular layout features our teenager just after we finished putting dreadlocks in his hair over the summer.

Supplies used: Buttons - craft supplies; Cardstock - Echo Park Paper Co.; Ink - Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); Journaling Card - Simple Stories; Patterned Paper - Echo Park Paper Co. (blue), Simple Stories (stripe & chevron) & We R Memory Keepers (distressed green background); Pen - Bic Mark It (Stone Gray); Stickers - American Traditional Designs (hearts) & Simple Stories (all others); Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz; Twine - Divine Twine


As we get closer and closer to our son's graduation, I'm realizing how few photos we have of him from the past year...now that he's driving and working and dating, he isn't around a whole lot and when he heads off to college he'll be around even less.  I'm trying to pull all the pictures I do have of him and get them onto layouts as quickly as possible.  Feeling a bit nostalgic I guess...
Pin It!