Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Scrapping 6x6 Style

Shimelle (I mean Glitter Girl) inspired me to pull out a new 6x6 My Mind's Eye paper pad that I got recently and put it to work on a 12x12 layout.  She did an entire video on scrapping in large format using these smaller paper pads that you can watch here.  I really like how she used entire sheets of the 6x6 pad and decided to "lift" her idea for this layout.
 
Supplies used:  Alpha stickers – Echo Park Paper Co.; Cardstock – Bazzill Basics (Fawn); Enamel dots – My Mind’s Eye; Ink – ColorBox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan) and StazOn (Timber Brown); Journaling Card – Studio Calico; Paint – October Afternoon Sprinklers (Brown Bag) and Smooch Spritz (Spun Sugar); Patterned paper – Echo Park Paper Co. and My Mind’s Eye; Pen – Zig Writer (Chocolate); Stamp – Studio AE by Technique Tuesday; Stickers – Echo Park Paper Co. and My Mind’s Eye; Tags – Craft supplies (Urban Pipeline clothing tag) and Echo Park Paper Co.
I have been digging through my supplies and purging items that I know I won't use but in the process I ran across several clothing tags that I had saved.  I ended up using the Urban Pipeline tag on this layout and I love the dimension it adds.  I actually cut the bottom of the tag off since it was tucked behind the papers anyhow and used the bottom part of the tag on the left side of the layout by the journaling. 
 
 I'm challenging myself to mix old with new right now...using up things I have been hoarding saving while mixing them with new products I have recently acquired.  I'm enjoying the process of breathing new life into old product while adding unique touches to my layouts to make them mine.
Pin It!

No comments: