Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Monday, February 4, 2013

My Outdoorsman

I have so many pictures of my husband fishing or backpacking or camping or 4x4'ing...well you get the picture.  My guy likes to be out in nature doing "stuff".  When the pictures for this layout were taken, I wasn't even along on the trip.  He had gone camping with a group of friends and I had decided to stay home with the kids and let him have a kid-free weekend out in the wild.
 
I was having a hard time getting started with this layout mainly because I didn't want to crop out any of the pictures and with three of them, they were going to take up a lot of the page.  I decided to search around the Two Peas in a Bucket gallery for some inspiration and boy did I ever find it.  This is the layout that inspired the jumping off point for my layout.  Funny thing is, I am a regular follower of Linda's blog and love her style.
 

Supplies used: Die cuts – Silhouette Cameo (SVG Cuts); Fonts – Coming Home and Mission script (cut on Cameo); Ink – ColorBox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan); Journaling card – Echo Park Paper Co.; Patterned Paper – Cosmo Cricket, craft supplies, Echo park Paper Co., Graphic 45 & My Mind’s Eye; Pen – Bic MarkIt; Sticker – October Afternoon
The cute little flies in the upper left are freebies from SVG Cuts and I just love how they turned out.  The fact that I had pictures to fill the majority of the page, I knew I wanted to keep the embellishments simple but I couldn't go without any.  The patterned paper banners and the 3 matching flies were all the page needed.

 

Pin It!

No comments: