Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Spreading the News

For this layout I used a Facebook photo that was printed at Walgreen's some time ago.  I don't know if they still even offer this service but the comments on the Facebook picture post take care of the journaling for me and all I'm left to do is pull the layout together.  The photo quality is a little grainy because it is a picture pulled from Facebook but it's a fun look every once in a while.
 
Supplies used: Alphabet stickers – Echo Park Paper Co.; Brads – Echo Park Paper Co. and My Minds Eye; Ink – Distress Ink (Iced Spruce); Patterned Paper – Creative Imaginations and Scrap Within Reach; Pen – Bic MarkIt (Black); Stickers – Creative imaginations and Echo Park Paper Co.; Wood veneers – Studio Calico
The papers I used are really old - so old in fact that I've never even heard of Scrap Within Reach but that's what it said on the back of the papers.  I won those in a RAK a while back and have been hanging onto them (I have a hard time letting go).  They work well for this layout of our oldest.  I like the grungy, masculine feel they lend to the layout.  The embellishments are a real mix of supplies as well but it pulls together nicely I think.
 
Pin It!

No comments: