Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Gone Fishing

Remember the old Shimelle 4x6 Photo Love?  I went digging looking for a sketch to help me put these 3 photos onto a layout and ended up back at this post with my focus on the Photo Booth Love layout that led me to create this layout of my own.

I wanted to be able to incorporate a lot of different patterned papers so the layout wouldn't be all brown and green (the primary colors in the pictures).  I love how the little blocks of several papers brings some pop of color to the whole piece without overwhelming the photos.

Supplies Used:  Brads - Basic Grey; Cardstock - Bazzill (Walnut Cream); Ink - StazOn (Timber Brown); Journaling card - Echo Park Paper Co.; Patterned Paper - Echo Park Paper Co.; Pen - ZigWriter (Chocolate); Stickers - Echo Park Paper Co. & October Afternoon; Title - American Crafts Thickers (Stroll)

Pin It!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

I do remember Shimelle's 4 x 6 photo and you've nudged me to put it on my list to revisit. This has to be the best looking fishing page I have ever seen - pinning it, as I have many to do.