Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Seriously...snow???

So we woke up yesterday to a blizzard - yes, you read that right, a blizzard! Lots and lots of sloppy wet snow. And today, it's snowing again. Poor Zach, his soccer games have been cancelled for two weeks in a row now...he's had lots of practices but no games so far. I tell you our weather is so wacky. Tuesday and Wednesday were warm and I was so loving seeing my tulips poke their heads out of the ground to show off their gorgeous yellow and red colors, Thursday was cooler with some rain off and on and then Friday BAM big snow! Oh well, we need the moisture so I guess I'll just hope my sweet flowers can survive all that heavy, wet snow.

Another thing this snow has done is delay my package of goodies from Your Scrapbook Stash that I ordered as a result of winning a RAK on the For the Love of Paper blog. You should check it out, Danielle is SUPER talented and always has great inspiration. We didn't get mail delivered yesterday because of the weather and my package was scheduled to arrive...hopefully today.

I finished the above layout on Wednesday and it's based on a layout I saw in an online magazine but I can't remember which one - I really need to be better about recording those kinds of details when I print out my inspiration. I'm learning...give me some time. This layout shows you how far behind I am in my scrapping (if I were going chronologically - which I'm not, so I'm not going to stress about it). This was Tyler's first day at preschool and he's just now finishing up and getting ready to graduate to kindergarten. So hard to believe all of our boys are growing up as fast as they are. Our "adopted" 18 year old Taylor will be graduating in a few short weeks, Andrew will become a junior, Zach a 2nd grader and Tyler will be in kindergarten. Slow down boys - I don't want to miss it all!

Wishing you a blessed weekend...see you again next week!
Pin It!

No comments: