Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Friday, May 13, 2011

NSD Continues at Your Scrapbook Stash

Your Scrapbook Stash is continuing their National Scrapbook Day goodness through today.  All of the sketches listed here are fantastic and I wish I had more time to finish more of them up before the deadline but alas...life has been busy!  Speaking of busy, all of my boys will be done with school for the year in less than 2 weeks...my oldest will officially be a senior in high school at that point.  Seriously, how did that happen so fast???  In honor of the end of school, I thought it was high time I created a layout with their first day of school pictures from this year.  Better late than never right?  I chose to work with the sketch from May 8th shown here.

And this is what I came up with.

Supplies Used:  all supplies are from Echo Park Paper Co. with the exception of the journaling block from Making Memories and the "Time to go to School" sticker from Karen Foster Designs
So I had previously used some of the "B" side to the cool border paper in the For The Record collection so I had to improvise a bit.  I fussy cut the remaining portion of the postage stamp shaped border and adhered it to the dictionary patterned paper.  I extenededthe horizontal strips of patterned paper to help fill the space had the border gone all the way around.  The more I play with this For The Record collection...the more I'm wishing I had purchased two. 

Pin It!

No comments: