Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summer send off...

I don't know about all of you but my life seems to become very hectic towards the end of the school year.  Not only do I have to worry about my oldest studying enough for his finals (which begin tomorrow) but I have end of year parties, kindergarten graduation, field trips, and teacher gifts to plan out.  I'm telling you, I feel like a mouse running in circles on a wheel.  Although I have no idea how I'll keep the younger two entertained all summer and still manage to find time for myself, I am SO looking forward to school being over - although probably not quite as much as our teenager is!

So this morning I took some time to create a thank you card for one of the boy's teachers.  I still have one more to go but I'll find some time for that this afternoon - right after we shop for a new dryer since ours just quit working!  Here's the outside of the card...

Supplies used: Cardstock - The Paper Company (kraft) and Core'dinations (yellow); Die cut (butterflies) - Making Memories; Border sticker, patterned paper, journaling card, & stickers - Webster's Pages; Ink - Ranger; Ribbon - American Crafts; Punch - Fiskars; Stick pin - K & Co.; Sticker (rose) - Bo Bunny

I love all the layers on this one...I wanted it to feel really built up and sweet.  The inside has a small envelope that I decorated as well.  This will hold a gift card that several of the parents contributed to.

Enjoy and I hope you're all keeping it together as the school year wraps up!

Pin It!

No comments: