Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Shine!

Today's layout is based on a sketch by Liz Chidester over at The Scrappiest.  I flipped the sketch and ran the circles vertically to work with the direction of my photo.  I used a whole lot of "older" supplies from my stash.  The white paper with the silver embossed stars has been in my collection for about 7 years now - I knew I'd use it eventually! 
 
The title tag was die cut using my Silhouette Cameo and then backed with some POW! glitter paper scraps leftover from the projects I made for the Daddy-Princess ball at our church.  Even though I have lots of new supplies in my craft room, I'm trying really hard to blend in the old with the new and use up what I have while still keeping my projects current with the addition of new items.
 
Supplies used: Brads – Making Memories; Cardstock – American Crafts; Die cuts – Jillibean Soup & Silhouette; Ink – ColorBox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan); Patterned paper – craft supplies, Crate Paper, Jillibean Soup & Little Yellow Bicycle; Pen – Bic MarkIt; Specialty Paper – POW by American Crafts; Sticker – Creative Imaginations; Twine – Craft Supplies; Wood Veneer – Studio Calico
 
I love this picture of our middle boy...we were playing with our new camera and he was being silly, wearing his big brother's hat and sporting a cute little grin.
Pin It!

No comments: