Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

For a good cause...

I wouldn't normally use my blog for something like this but it is a cause that is near and dear to me. Last year I participated in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Breast cancer affects so many people, women and men, young and old. I made a conscious choice to not participate in the walk this year because it was a huge time commitment to train properly and it was a large financial commitment to raise the money needed to walk. We have taken in one of our teenager's friends and he has been living with us since October - this is where we have committed our financial resources for now... but I will walk again and we WILL find a cure for this horrible disease that takes away mothers, sisters, daughters and friends. The team I walked with last year is walking in the Avon Walk again this year and my very dear friend Carol Inga is walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day For The Cure. It takes money to participate in these walks but the money is used to find a cure or help people find the care they need to beat this awful disease. I encourage you to support in any way that you can. No donation is too small, every little bit helps and can make a difference. Your donation is tax deductible too. So please, if you can...give. You can click on the links above to donate on-line.


Pin It!

No comments: