Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Have Faith...

I made this mini album as part of a class taught by Fiskateer Rebecca during National Scrapbooking Day. I'm working on the interior pages but I intend to fill it with Bible verses that inspire me, strengthen me, and remind me how blessed I truly am. The cover includes a paper flower that I made based on a tutorial I found on the internet...but now for the life of me I can't find it again to link it. It's super simple though - punch out some circles, ink them up, distress the edges, give them a little fold in the middle then stick them all together, and add a brad or bling in the middle. I love how it turned out...so simple but just the right touch.

We're getting so close to the end of the school year for all of our kids. I think we are suffering from a bit of "spring fever" in our household...it's getting harder and harder to get them all to bed at night which in turn means it's harder to get them up and going in the morning. Just a few more weeks and we'll be free for a while. Sure hope we can cram a bunch of camping in along with our trip to my grandma's farm in Wisconsin. Lots planned but it's all fun stuff so I can't wait. Are you longing for summer to arrive? Start making your plans now so you have the motivation to get through this end of the school year push.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Susanne said...

You did such a great job on the album. I still need to get mine back out and finish it up. I got distracted for the rest of NSD and have lots of things in progress and not much completed. Maybe I can blame that on spring fever too?

Anonymous said...

Emarita said... Wow you are really good. Very creative and very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.