Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Gone Fishin'

So I created this layout as part of a sketch challenge over at the Queen Scraps forums. The sketch they provided was right up my alley so I dug through photos in my "to be scrapped" pile and found these of my husband and our younger two boys fishing. I love that he has the patience to work with the boys and show them how to fish...even when it means he gets very little fishing done himself. For this layout I used the Basic Grey Marrakech collection of papers as well as a few felt embellishmnets from Fancy Pants. For the chipboard embellishments, I simply covered plain chipboard with patterned paper and then sanded and inked the edges. The large circle is actually hand stitched with embroidery floss adding yet another dimension to the layout. The title was the trickiest part in that I had some olive-green alpha stickers that I adhered to the layout and then realized they virtually disappeared into the patterned paper. I ended up outlining the stickers with an opaque, white gel pen then filling in the letter with glitter and covering the whole thing with glossy adhesive so the glitter wouldn't "flake" onto my page. I then outlined the whole thing with a black pen to make them pop even more. I love how it turned out and it almost makes the letters look like they are under-water...a cool effect I had no intention of creating. Love it when that happens!

I will leave you with a Bible verse that I personally think is HUGE... "Everything is possible for him who believes. " Mark 9:23






Pin It!

No comments: