Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Anniversary Wishes

A recent anniversary prompted this card...


I've been hanging on to that heart playing card die cut from Glitz Designs forever thinking I'd use it on a layout of my hubby and me but it never worked when I'd sit down to make a layout.  So...I grabbed it as my starting point for this anniversary card.  The clock face background is another "recycled" item from my supplies.  It was actually the chipboard background from some metal embellishments I bought years ago.  I trimmed it down, inked the edges and there it was...the perfect background for my card. 

It seems I'm trying to use up what I've got - that doesn't mean I'm not buying new stuff (believe me...all the new CHA releases have me wanting to shop till I drop) but alas, my scrapping budget doesn't allow for too much shopping and I'd rather spend it on the items from last CHA that are now on sale.  You know...more bang for my buck!  So, in the spirit of trying to stretch what I've got, I find myself reaching into my paper scrap files and scanning through my embellishments especially when I sit down to make cards.  It keeps me going and leaves more room for buying some of that cute new stuff!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.