Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

4Ever Friend

Boy #2 has a friend that he's known since he was 2 1/2 years old.  His mom and I are also besties...works out quite nicely I'd say.  They are so funny and have such a good time when they are together and I wanted to make sure to capture that feeling on my layout so I chose pictures of them at their finest - adventuring up a tree and giggling at an ice cream parlor.  I love the masculine feel of this layout including the cool chipboard man.
 
Supplies used: Alphabets – Echo Park Paper Co. and Jillibean Soup; Chipboard – Maya Road; Distress Stickles – Ranger (Fired Brick); Ink – ColorBox Chalk Ink (Charcoal), StazOn (Jet Black) and Versafine (Onyx Black); Journaling Card – Crate Paper; Label sticker – Echo Park Paper Co. and Jenni Bowlin Studio; Patterned paper – Bazzill Basics, Echo Park Paper Co., Glitz Designs, Jillibean Soup and My Mind’s Eye; Pen – ZigWriter (Pure Black); Stamps – Hero Arts Clings, Lawn Fawn and Studio AE by Technique Tuesday; Stickers – Cosmo Cricket and Karen Foster Design; Tags – Crate Paper, Echo Park Paper Co. and Shabby Chic Crafts
 
I wanted to incorporate the chipboard man figure from a Maya Road mini album but it was too stark as plain chipboard.  I added the Hero Arts Watch Gears stamp and rotated the stamp so that one of the hearts was in the right location.  I then added the red Distress Stickles to that heart so it would stand out.  I also added “the blessing of” and “friends” stamps to the Shabby Chic tag to create a custom embellishment that matched the theme of my layout. 

Pin It!

No comments: