Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

We had a snow day yesterday - yes, you read that right, a snow day in April!  April is actually the 2nd snowiest month here in Colorado.  But the schools called the snow day the night before the storm actually hit and we didn't end up getting nearly the amount of snow they had predicted.  Only 3.5 inches or so compared to the 11.5 inches they had predicted.  In the district's defense, it was bitter cold (like it never got above 20 degrees cold - and that was at the warmest point in the day) Brrr! 
 
The kids were happy to stay inside where it was warm and cozy but we did have to venture out at one point for my hair appointment.  They were troopers and sat patiently where I got my hair done.  Once we were back home, they were busy firing Nerf guns all around the house and playing Minecraft which left me some time to play in my craft room.
 
Supplies used: Alpha stickers – The Paper Studio; Brads – My Mind’s Eye; Cardstock – Bazzill; Ink – October Afternoon sprinklers (Brown Bag) and Smooch Spritz (Emerald & Spun Sugar); Journaling card – My Mind’s Eye; Patterned paper – Simple Stories; Pen – ZigWriter (Chocolate); Stickers – October Afternoon; Tag – Converse clothing tag; Washi tape – My Mind’s Eye
The kids are off to school this morning despite the 2.5 degree temps on the thermometer.  I'm hoping my daffodils that are already blooming can survive until things warm up later this week.  Stay warm!
Pin It!

No comments: