Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Walk With Me Daddy

I love seeing my husband walking with our boys...especially when they reach up and grab a hold of his hand.  It reminds me of how dependant they still are on us and what a huge responsibility we have as their parents.

When boy #2 was born, I found this framed poem that I gave to my husband after our he was born.  I chose to use that poem for my journaling.  I just love, love, love the message it imparts.  A gentle reminder that we have much to do as parents to these wonderful boys.

Supplies used: Alpha stickers – Basic Grey and Lilly Bee Design; Border sticker – Crate Paper; Brads – Sassafras; Cardstock – The Paper Co.; Die cut – Silhouette Cameo; Font – My Own Topher; Frame – craft supplies; Ink – Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap & Antique Linen); Jute cord – Horizon Group; Journaling tag – Recollections; Patterned paper – Basic Grey, My Mind’s Eye, Pink Paislee and Simple Stories; Sprinklers – October Afternoon ( Buttermilk & Art Box); Stamps – Lawn Fawn and Studio AE by Technique Tuesday; Tag – Basic Grey and October Afternoon; Thread – carpet thread by American Thread Co.; Wood veneer – Studio Calico
I stamped directly onto the wood veneer banners using Studio AE stamp sets - the veneers were just too plain by themselves but I didn't want to fill them in with color.  I like the subtle affect it gives.  I used my distress inks to "age" most of the products on the page and like how it softens the edges.
 
 
Pin It!

No comments: