Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Scrapping in the dark...

So I started this layout on Tuesday evening and by the time I was about half way done, I was literally scrapping in the dark. We got hit by a doozy of a snowstorm and it took our power out while I was in the midst of cutting the circles out of my brown cardstock. I grabbed a flashlight and finished my cutting and then cleaned things up a bit so there weren't sharp tools laying around on my table.

My younger kids were thrilled to be able to run around the house with flashlights until I could get some candles and the fireplace lit. Power was out for close to 3 hours, my husband was stuck on the freeway trying to get home and my teen was stuck at his girlfriend's house because I couldn't get the car out of the garage let alone drive in the blizzarding snow. My husband did manage to get home - 4 hours after he left his meeting but we weren't able to pick up our teen until the following day.

Needless to say, I couldn't finish my layout on Tuesday but I did finally finish it up last night. Apparently just in time for our next round of snow. Looks like we'll have another big snow tonight through Saturday mid-day. Don't worry, I've got my flashlights ready this time and my husband is already planning to leave his office before the snow is set to come down - he's not risking another 4 hours on the freeway. Can't say I blame him...besides, it's his birthday this weekend and it would not be good to start it out stuck in his car on the freeway.

On a Side Note: A special thanks to Crop Chocolate for allowing me to participate in their design team. Many of the products that I used on this layout were provided by them. Check out their site, they have fantastic deals that they run one at a time, several times a day. Stock up on your craft supplies at great prices.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Great blog, Cat. Love your projects.
(Bet it broke Andrew's heart to have to spend the night at his girlfriend's house--darn that snow storm!)