Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Has Sprung (I hope)...

So my kids all started their Spring break today and it was a glorious, sun-shiny day. We spent much of the day playing at one of the newest parks in town and it was so much fun. The sun soaking into my skin felt absolutely fabulous! Not to mention the fact that my two youngest kids are completely worn out and will undoubtedly crash hard when they hit their pillows tonight.

My oldest son spent much of the day laying down recording tracks for his bands first album - this whole process just blows my mind considering the guys in the band range in age from 15 to 18. I truly love that they are pursuing their passion and dreams and I can't wait to hear how the album comes together. It's such an exciting time for them.

I completed the above layout this morning. It's from the tail end of our warm weather last year and it was so funny because I have almost the same exact picture of our middle son from roughly the same time period in his life (I'll have to add the layout from that picture to my gallery one of these days). Mastering the "spiderweb" at the park was a huge ordeal for both of them and they just love playing on it whenever they can.

On yet another tangent, I saw a fantastic show yesterday with one of my girlfriends. It is called Girls Only and is playing at the Galleria in Denver. I can't recommend it enough - we laughed so hard that our cheeks hurt for hours afterwards. If you have a chance to check it out, grab your best friends and make a day of it.
Pin It!

No comments: