Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Joy...

My daily email from Girlfriends in God yesterday referenced joy.  I hate to admit it but I actually had to step away from my computer because I couldn't finish reading it.  See, my boys were downstairs fighting over the TV (of all things), they weren't getting dressed for school (like I'd asked them to) and I was in a rush to check my email before getting dressed for work myself.  I wasn't feeling joy and I was getting more and more frustrated with myself as I read further into the email.  So...I stepped away, took my shower and spent some time in prayer asking God to bring that joy into my heart so that I could carry-on with my day the way He wanted me to.  I went back to the email before heading out the door and I was inspired and filled with His joy.  Amazing how simply asking for God's help changes everything.  He is so good!

So let's face it, we don't all walk around feeling joy every moment of every day.  Things happen that throw us into a tailspin of negativity and cause our frustration levels to rise.   God doesn't want that for us, he wants us to experience peace and joy.  It is during those time we need to turn to God, ask for His help and allow Him to move in our hearts to change the ugly into the beautiful - the joy that only He can provide.  Live with joy today my wonderful friends!
Pin It!

No comments: