Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Your Scrapbook Stash Explore!

I played along with Jessy's sketch over at Your Scrapbook Stash this week.  It was an easy sketch for me to work with and I love that it used multiple photos.  My layouts usually contain photos from one event but this one is from several hikes/camping trips we took in the same month.  I love the banner craze that's been in fashion for some time now.  I've taken to making my own banners so they match my layout/card exactly as I want them to.  It's so simple...I cut a triangle template from some old packaging (heavy-weight chipboard) and I simply trace and cut, ink the edges to make the banner pieces more substantial and there you have it.  I often attach the triangles to my project with dimensional adhesive - gotta have dimension on my layouts and why not make my hand-made creation stand out?  If you haven't checked out the Your Scrapbook Stash store, they have a wonderful selection of products - stop by and check them out.  Anyhow...on with the show.
The sketch can be found at the YSS link (it won't let me share the image here for some reason) and here's my interpretation...
Supplies used:  Border stickers - Doodlebug Design Inc.; Brads - Basic Grey; Cardstock - The Paper Co.; Die cut butterfly - Making Memories; Epoxy chipboard circles - Colorbok; Flowers - Prima Marketing; Ink - StazOn in Timber Brown and Smooch Spritz in Emerald Sprinkle; Journaling tag - craft supplies; Patterned paper - Bo Bunny; Title - K & Co.
I used supplies from several different manufacturers and several different eras once again.  I'm loving my new approach to simply pull the patterned paper I want to work with and then bringing out any and all embellishments that match.  I don't use them all but it puts everything I could possibly use right at my fingertips.  I'm using up lots of odds and ends that I had forgotten I even had and I'm truly enjoying the results.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

awesome layout! love it!

Bente Fagerberg said...

So happy you played along with us this week! Looks great. Just wanted to say good luck to you!!
//Bente
xx