Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kindie Countdown...

I haven't posted much recently but I have been busily crafting.  My son's kindergarten teacher asked if I would put together a 30-day countdown to summer vacation for the class.  I immediately thought of doing a banner and my Sassafras Apple Jack paper pack hanging in my closet.  Such fun colors and patterns for a kindie project.  This photo shows most of the banner.  The rest of the photos show more details.


Supplies used: Border stickers - Sassafras; Cardstock - The Paper Co.; Chipboard - Making Memories; Die cuts - Making Memories; Flowers - Making Memories, Prima, Sassafras and craft supplies; Ink - Copic Markers, Memento, Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink, and VersaMagic; Patterned paper - Sassafras, American Crafts, and Echo Park Paper Co.; Stamp - Inkadinkado number set; Stickers - Echo Park Paper Co., Karen Foster Design, EK Success, and Me & My Big Ideas
The numbers are stamped in Memento ink then colored with Copic sketch markers.  This gave me a chance to practice my shading more (without worrying too much about the outcome since I don't really think the kindergartner's are going to pay much attention to that).  Following are detail shots of some of the pennants.





 My hot glue gun got a serious workout on this project and it had me wishing I had one of those i-Bond cordless glue guns that Imaginisce put out recently...have to add that to my list of tools to buy someday.  I love how the project turned out and can't wait to see it hanging in their classroom when we reach the 30-day mark.  I did bring it to his teacher today and she loved it which makes me happy.  Our teachers have so much on their plates these days that I'm more than happy to use my time and resources to help brighten their days.

Pin It!

No comments: