Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hanging Out...

Thank goodness I had some extra crafty time last week otherwise, I wouldn't have a project to share with you.  You see, our youngest son came down with strep throat a couple weeks ago, then he came down with the flu (my guess is, his weakened immune system from those darn antibiotics made him more susceptible to the coughing and sneezing that was going on in his classroom last week).  Then our middle son and I got the flu and we've been doing a lot of laying around and nap taking.  I'm feeling like I'm on the mend finally but the middle boy is in the thick of it unfortunately.


Needless to say, I'm glad I finished up this layout last week.  The photos were taken this past Easter and I just love them.  It's not too often that our oldest is with us at family events anymore (between work and his lovely girlfriend) but he did humor us and came along for our annual Easter egg hunt and dinner with family friends.  When I took these photos, he was hanging out watching all the little kid hunt for eggs.  Looking back, I am beginning to realize how few and far between these moments will be now that he's getting ready to head off to college. 
Supplies used: Border sticker - Crate Paper; Brads - Basic Grey; Buttons - GCD Studios & Sassafrass; Cardstock - American Crafts; Die cuts - Kerri Bradford (title) & Lori Whitlock for Silhouette (pennant bunting); Ink - ColorBox Fluid Chalk (charcoal) & VersaFine; Journaling tags - Basic Grey & Echo Park Paper Co.; Patterned paper - Crate paper, Echo Park Paper Co., Fancy Pants, Glitz Designs & Little Yellow Bicycle; Stamp - Studio AE by Technique Tuesday; Sticker - Crate Paper 
I based my layout on one of Jana Eubank's sketches.  I love how clean her sketches are and they really open it up to be creative.  Thanks for stopping by and be blessed...

Pin It!

3 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

totally loving this layout!! the colors are wonderful

Susanne said...

This is fabulous,colors and banners and buttons are great.

Nicole Martel said...

Great layout! Love the banners!