Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Keeping up...

My goal for my blog was to post at least once a week with something crafty or beautiful to share.  So far, so good!  This little goal is also helping me to carve out a little time for myself to spend in my craft space being crafty - something that had gotten a bit lost in the shuffle of being a stay-at-home, working part-time in children's ministry, trying to shed some extra pounds & support my wonderful hubby while he does the same wife and mom.  I'm thrilled that I am so far staying on top of it all.

My latest layout is a photo of one of my brothers and I while we were in California celebrating his 40th birthday.  First off, the party was over the top amazing.  Trust me they know how to throw a party!  More importantly, my husband and I were blessed with the opportunity to spend some time celebrating my brother and the amazing, wonderful man that he is.  I have to say he is one of my best friends and I hate that we live so far away but having this chance to be with him, laugh with him, cry with him and most importantly celebrate him was incredible.

Supplies used: ATC - Fancy Pants; Border strip - K & Co.; Button - craft supplies; Cardstock - American Crafts & Bazzill; Chipboard element - Basic Grey; Die cuts - Glitz Designs & Silhouette Cameo; Felt embellishments - Little Yellow Bicycle; Font - Rough Typewriter; Ink - ColorBox Chalk ink (Charcoal), Distress Ink (Tea Stain) & StazOn (Jet Black); Journaling card - Shabby Chic Crafts; Patterned paper - Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket & Fancy Pants; Punch - Fiskars; Rubons - Fancy Pants; Stamps - K & Co. and Studio AE by Technique Tuesday; Sticker - Echo Park Paper Co. & October Afternoon; Washi tape - craft supplies



I worked from a sketch from over at PageMaps that Nikki had posted on her blog as a challenge.  I knew I needed to have purple be one of the main colors since it really is the only non-neutral color in the photograph but to be honest with you, I'm not a huge fan of purple so finding enough stuff in my supplies took a lot of work - thus the extensive supply list.  I ended up combining so many different manufacturers and new and old items but I love how it turned out.  It's now hanging in my craft room so I can enjoy it and not miss my brother quite so much because I can look up and see his smiling face whenever I want to.
Pin It!