Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Daddy-Princess Ball

Even though I don't have a princess of my own here at home, I am so blessed by the darling girls that attend our church.  Working in Children's Ministry has allowed me to mentor beautiful young girls even though I have a house full of testosterone!
 
That being said, it also provides me with an opportunity to craft all things girly when the need arises for special events like the upcoming Daddy-Princess Ball.  Needless to say crafting take home goodies for 250 attendees can take a lot of time and give my Silhouette Cameo quite the workout.
 
Here's what each attendee will take home.
 
and a close up...
I cut out all the pieces on my Cameo...the label is from a Kerry Bradford collection, the banner piece on the bottom is from the Silhouette store.  I die cut the tags, ran them through my laser printer to print the verse, inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen, and then attached the black/grey piece up at the top.  The purple banner background piece was cut from a shimmery, lavendar textured cardstock and the top piece of the banner was cut from K & Company KP Halloween Harlequin paper.  I inked the edges of the top piece of the banner to give it more dimension then attached the whole thing to the bottom of the tag.  The finishing touches are the flower (which I added a bit of Stickles to to glam them up) and the ribbon at the top.  
 
Each of the girls will also receive a charm wrapped in a pretty white chiffon bag with purple crinkle paper inside.  On the outside will be one of these...
 
But they aren't black and white.  I found this beautiful American Crafts Pow glitter paper in a silver tone on tone wide stripe.  The web picture does not do it justice...it is simply gorgeous and cuts like a dream in the Cameo.  I already sent the finished product over to church prior to taking pictures but they are so sparkly and beautiful.  Hopefully I'll have a chance to photograph the finished product for you before the event.

Pin It!

No comments: