Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oh Baby!

There is currently a baby boom happening around me (better around me than to me).  There have been several baby showers at my husband's office as well as friends and some of my own co-workers.  Needless to say, my sewing machine has been getting quite the workout making baby blankets for all the sweet babies to be.  Of course, there are cards to go along with all the cuddly baby gifts.
 
I used all papers from the Cosmo Cricket Material Girl 6x6 pad.  The brads are all from My Mind's Eye and the doilie sticker if from My Mind's Eye as well.  The banner shapes are all from the Silhouette store.
 Here's a boy version of the same card.  I lieu of the doilie sticker, I used my Silhouette to die cut a doilie shape from 2 different patterned papers. 
For this card, I combined papers from the Cosmo Cricket Material Girl 6x6 paper pad and the October Afternoon Seaside 8x8 paper pad.  The brads are from My Mind's Eye and the "baby" alphabet stickers are from Doodlebug.
 I tried to keep this one neutral since the couple hadn't yet found out if the baby on the way was a boy or a girl.  The blanket I made had ducks and a lime green and yellow so the card matched really well.
 
This last card really mixed up a lot of older supplies and utilized stitching to added more layers.
 
 
Babies are such a lovely way to start people!

Pin It!

1 comment:

lisaplus6 said...

I love seeing your work... I have been thinking of you, my friend. I hope you are well!