Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Keeping Memories

Keeping memories is what it is all about.  Writing down the little things, photographing the big moments but also the small, everyday moments that will quickly be forgotten in the busy-ness that is life. 

I have been missing my scrapbooking but due to the increase in activities (and work) now that school has started, it has gone by the wayside.  ...but it was calling to me so I grabbed a couple photos from my very large stack of printed photos and pulled papers and embellies and piled them all up on my craft table determined that the next paper crafting project would be a layout.  It took me a few days to get around to working with all the goodies I pulled out but I did manage to carve out some time and pull together a layout.

This layout scanned a little wonky in that top left corner - the title really is straight on the actual layout I just didn't have the energy to fight with the scanner anymore!
 
I love these pictures of our youngest taken almost 2 years ago. It had been a busy day and it was close to his bedtime so his bath was done and he had his jammies on and he curled up on the couch with his Woobie bear and that thumb of his and completely crashed. He quit sucking his thumb over the course of this past summer and we couldn't be more proud of him...he found the motivation and a method (a band aid worn on the thumb in question for 2 weeks until he was sure he was done) and did it with very little reminding from his dad or I. We're proud for sure but a little sad too. You see it means he's growing up bit by bit and seeing as he's our last "baby" it's bittersweet seeing those tender little boy times fade into bigger boy things.
 
 

Pin It!

1 comment: