Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Scrappiest and Your Scrapbook Stash

Liz has done it again with another fun sketch over at The Scrappiest.  I love the ribbons running down the middle of the sketch - reminds me a bit of a corset or those cute wedding dresses that were so popular a few years back with all the lacing up the back.  Anyhoo...it inspired me to get crafty again this week (which truly is amazing considering I baked a TON of sugar cookies yesterday).  Here's her sketch...

And here's my take on it...

And nothing like waiting until the last minute but I finally got my design team submittal in to Your Scrapbook Stash...at the last minute.  It's been on my to-do list for a couple of weeks now and I had most of it written up and ready to go.  It was mostly a matter of finding a few minutes to refine it and get it all sent off.  This is a great site and I'd love to work for them...wish me luck!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

i love your take on the sketch--great job!

artfuldelight said...

WOW, I really like this LO. I love the colors and how you used the ribbon. Just fabulous!

Carolyn King said...

that is a beautiful page! Great use of the sketch!

Thanks for your sweet comment on the Echo Park blog today!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Loving everything about this take on Liz's sketch! Love the colour palette and brilliant how you used that shaped paper for the lacing part!! This is terrific! :)

Carrie said...

Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing!

Marcie said...

Your take on the sketch is awesome, love it!

Liz Chidester said...

This is lovely!!!