Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Artful Delight's April Challenge...

You may have noticed I like to use sketches to inspire my creativity.  I think I've adopted this style of creating layouts because my time to craft is so limited and I don't want to spend what little time I have messing around with the "bones" of my layout.  I want to use that time to showcase my photographs in the most beautiful way I can.  Sketches allow me to do that in the bits and pieces of time that I'm given.  Here's the sketch for the Artful Delight Blog challenge for the month of April.

LeeAnne (the owner over at Artful Delight) shows her take on the sketch and her layered, punched border totally inspired me.  Here's the layout I created today.

Supplies used: Alpha stickers - Glitz Designs; Cardstock - American Crafts; Decorative pin - K & Co.; Embroidery floss - DMC; Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Charcoal; Patterned paper - Basic Grey (kraft), Core'dinations, and Glitz Designs (all others); Punches - Fiskars (border) and EK Success (small heart); Stickers - K & Co. (tiny hearts) and Creative Imaginations (all others); thread - craft supplies

I recently received these papers as part of an order from a gift certificate I won over at Your Scrapbook Stash.  I have to be honest I hadn't ever seen any of Glitz Designs papers in person but they looked amazing on the website and believe me, they do not disappoint.  The colors are so vibrant and they are gorgeous, double-sided, heavy-weight cardstock.  I love them and now wish I had a ordered a few more sheets.  The bird stickers and several of the other stickers are quite old - a Marah Johnson collection from Creative Imaginations that I just had to have at the time and then couldn't really figure out how to incorporate them into my work...I'm thrilled with how they work with this layout.  I hope you enjoy and have a blessed day!
Pin It!

4 comments:

artfuldelight said...

WOW, fabulous LO!!!!! I feel the same as you about sketches. My time is also limited so sketches are really helpful. I think that is why I like Debbie's sketches because they are "simple" in order to allow the juices to flow and still leave tons of room to add your own special touch of embellishments or whatever. I LOVE your banner, with the birds. Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight!! :-)

Court said...

Squeal! Fabulous layout!!! Thank you so much for playing in the sketch challenge at Artful Delight!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is so cute! great job!

patti west said...

I love everything about this beautiful lo!!! The photo is especially awesome! Love your color choices and the birds holding the banner. An all around fab lo!! :)