Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Masculine Birthday Card...

We have another special birthday coming up this week in our family so I got busy and made a card.  I love this Circa 1934 paper line from Cosmo Cricket and it has such a great variety that you can easily make a card for a man or a woman.  I used clear embossing powder and my polka-dot background stamp from Hero Arts on the strip of red paper, my Fiskars stamp set for the birthday sentiment and some stickers from both Cosmo Cricket and Echo Park.  The ribbon is from a clothing tag that I had saved from a pair of my teenager's jeans and it goes perfectly.  Love it when that happens!

So I did get a little crafty on this week (besides that kindergarten yearbook I'm still plugging away at).  Maybe more to come since I have a couple sketches I'd really like to make use of.  Okay...I'm off to start on some turkey stock.  Can't wait to have my house smell all homey and yummy with that cooking on the stove.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great card!

Tracy said...

What a lovely card. So much detail.