Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sweet Peaches and Chocolate...

The Sweet Peach Crop Shop is celebrating their anniversary this month with several sketches from Liz Chidester.  As most of you are aware, I love Liz's sketches so I had to play along.  I chose to work with sketch #3 this time.  You have until May 1st to play along so hop on over to Sweet Peach Crop Shop's blog and check out all the sketches.  This project is also my design team project for Crop Chocolate for the month of May.  The theme was "freestyle" so we could choose to create whatever we wanted.  So nice to have such creative freedom!

Here's Liz's sketch...
And my interpretation of the sketch...

Supplies used:  Cardstock, Patterned Paper & Title stickers (happy & day) - Echo Park Paper Co.; Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Charcoal; Pearls - craft supplies; Stickers (all others) Creative Imaginations; Thread - craft supplies

I adore these pictures of my husband and I that were taken at my brother's birthday bash...we were able to leave all the kids home with friends and fly out to Napa for a wonderful grown-up weekend back in October.  It was such a relaxing time for us and such a great time to spend being a couple instead of being "mom & dad".  I think that truly shows on our faces in these photos.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Susanne said...

This is lovely. I love that song that's the same as your title too.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a cute blog and love your take on that sketch above!
I want to let you know that YOU WON my blog giveaway!!! I hope this makes your Mother's day even more happy!
Email me at juliana@17turtles.com with your contact info so I can get it out to you!!!

Casey Wright said...

Adorable layout! Love the color combo!