Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Challenge #2 over at Crop Chocolate

I'm having a lot of fun with the challenges over at CropChocolate...now if only I didn't have to work so much this weekend at church, I'd be hustling to get all the challenges done.  Alas, that is not the case and I may not get to anymore of the challenges before I head back to work tonight.  This is my layout for challenge #2 (the dinner challenge).  My menu included black, banner/pennant, bling and rubons.  I used Liz's sketch from The Scrappiest this week to complete my layout.   Here's the sketch...

And here's my take on it...

I used patterned papers and embellishments from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush collection and the banner is from Sassafras...the colors worked great together and I love how the title turned out - a combination of Thickers and a rubon from Colorbok.  A little white gel pen and it was done...love it and I love my husband!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!

lisaplus6 said...

catherine~ this is really lovely :) i love all of the details. i wanted to take a moment and thank you for all of your words of encouragement on my blog, you are an amazing woman of faith and i am thankful to "know" you....