Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Another Scrappiest Sketch

Another great sketch from Liz over at The Scrappiest.  This is sketch #107...

And my interpretation...
Supplies used: Alphabet stickers - Provo Craft; Chipboard - Me & My Big Ideas (crown) and My Mind's Eye (journaling strip); Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Charcoal; Journaling tag - The Girl's Paperie; Patterned Paper - Basic Grey (kraft), Cosmo Cricket (yellow & red), Crate Paper (striped) & October Afternoon (red wood paneling) ; Rub-on - Basic Grey

Liz's sketches are just so easy to work with that I can pull together a layout in no time at all (well...no time for me is a couple hours but hey, I'm getting pictures and memories on paper so it's all good).  I just printed a bunch of new pictures and these photos of the old gas pump at my grandparent's farm were perfect for this layout plus I've had that crown chipboard for many, many years and it was ideal for this project.  I wish I could remember the price per gallon on this old pump - I do know it's something ridiculous in comparison to today's gas prices - it would help you see just how old this thing is. In my eyes it's beautiful and it always says welcome whenever we visit the farm.


Liz is looking for a new design team, you can see the details here.  The deadline is February 21st so hurry if you're interested. 
Pin It!

3 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great take on the sketch! love your photos--so perfect

Susanne said...

Cool photo subject and great layout.

Monique Liedtke said...

:-) love those photos!!! Great take on the sketch! and love your choice of papers! thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!