Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sketch #106 at The Scrappiest

We got a lot of snow last night and it was bitter cold today so after spending my morning shoveling out from under the blanket of white stuff and getting my kids off to school (I had a little extra time to do this since they had a 2 hour delay) my youngest son and I baked a couple batches of heart shaped, sugar cookies - yummy!  With the dishes cleaned up, dinner warming up, and my house smelling of yummy goodness, I tackled Sketch #106 over at The Scrappiest. I'm telling you, Liz's sketches just get my creativity flowing and I can pull together a layout fairly quickly once I grab my materials and lay them out in front of me.  Both my younger boys even pulled up their little stool and crafted (made love notes for their Daddy) at their table beside mine.  I love when they do that!  So here is Liz's sketch for the week...

And my translation...
Supplies used: Brad - Basic Grey; Chipboard Alphas - American Crafts (brown), craft supplies (negative "U"); Epoxy sticker - EK Success; Flower - Prima; Glitter cut - Fancy Pants; Ink - StazOn in Timber Brown and VersaMagic in Sahara Sand; Journaling card - Fancy Pants; Patterned paper - Cosmo Cricket (Stripe & fleur de lis), Fancy Pants (sheet music), We R Memory Keepers (distressed teal); Tickets - Tim Holtz; Tools - Making Memories (sanding block and edge distresser); Vellum - Paper Adventures

I am trying to get into my older stash as I create these days and mix in what I find with what I have that is new to me.  My strategy in doing this is to pull out the papers that I want to use (some of which are VERY old) and then pull out anything and everything that matches.  I love how this is working for me...it doesn't all end up on the layouts but I'm certainly using more of what I have and buying less.  This is very good for the budget and I almost always love the results.

Pin It!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Love the layout - luscious colors. I like to mix my old stuff with the newer stuff too. If I liked it then, I usually still like it now. I especially like that I'm 6 weeks into the new year and haven't been to the craft store yet - like you said - easy on the budget.

Anonymous said...

Great job on this sketch! I love The distressed look and great to see you used the hearts.

Brenda said...

great layout! I love those little tickets! Good for you for using up your stash! The old stuff is still good.

Ann said...

I'm trying not to buy any more Stash this year, so I too am using up old papers etc. I love the colour choice here and the sweet journaling ;)

Liz Chidester said...

Love these muted colors!
U always do great work.