Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Bit of Sketch Inspiration...

Sketch Inspiration has an appropriately "heart-y" sketch up this week that I decided to play along with.  I've had this Technique Tuesday "chipboard" type set full of hearts and borders.  Its a special cream-colored chipboard that absorbs inks and paints really well - they actually call them Technique Tiles.  Anyhow, I've had them for a least 3 years and the largest heart happened to work perfectly for this sketch.

Supplies used: Brads - craft supplies; Chipboard - (swirl) Basic Grey, (large heart) Technique Tuesday; Flourishes - (blue) Colorbok; Flowers - (small white) Michael's, (large white and small red) Basic Grey; Ink - StazOn in Blazing Red & Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Charcoal; Journaling block - Heidi Grace by Fiskars; Patterned paper - (kraft) Basic Grey and (blue polka-dot & red stripe) October Afternoon; Pen - Zig Writer; Stickers (heart) - Michael's and (title) EK Success
I inked the heart "tile" with StazOn in Blazing Red, let it dry and then attached it to the fun polka-dot paper by October Afternoon.  The colors of these papers were perfect with my little guys PJ's in the picture and I love how it keeps the layout bright and alive.  There is a lot of dimension on the layout since everything basically "sits" on top of that heart shape...tons of dimensional adhesive!  The blue swirls we an item I received for completing a Colorbok survey and I wasn't sure how I'd use them but I love how they look on this layout - the color was perfect and it adds just the right touch in my opinion. 

Hope you are having a blessed week - we are expecting temperatures into the high-60's today and even though it's supposed to be windy - I can't wait!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh i love it. the heart just totally makes it--great job

Susanne said...

Cute layout - the heart does make it.