Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweet Peach Crop Shop and exciting news...

Another great sketch from Liz is being used for February's Sweet Peach Crop Shop blog challenge.  The sketch is round so I completed my round layout then mounted it onto a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock to put it in my album.  I felt like the circle was just floating there so...I extended my embellishments and journaling to anchor the circle to the square cardstock.  Here's the sketch...
And here's my layout...
Supplies used:  Cardstock - American Crafts (white); Patterned paper - Basic Grey (stripe and leaf print), My Mind's Eye (blue), Echo Park Paper Co. (Brown hounds tooth), and Jillibean Soup (kraft); Chipboard - Basic Grey (alphabets), American Crafts (number) and Cosmo Cricket (clouds); Felt - Fancy Pants; Ink - VersaMagic in Sahara Sand; Pens - Signo Uniball Broad in white and Marvy Uchida Gel in Black

Again I used a bunch of older supplies but I love how the colors worked so well with the photographs.  You really have to try some of Liz's sketches if you haven't already - they seem to be showing up everywhere these days.

So what is my exciting news you ask???  Well, I just got an email from Catherine over at Scrapbook & Cards Today and they want one of my layouts that I submitted.  I am over the moon about this as it will be my first "print" publication.  I've had several layouts picked up for on-line scrapbooking magazines but this one will be in an actual, I-can-hold-it-in-my-hands magazine.  So excited!!!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh wow congrats!

Susanne said...

That is exciting - and I know what you mean about being able to hold it in your hands. Congrats on being in print!