Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Timeless Friends for The Scrappiest...

I was finally able to carve out a slip of time to get crafty yesterday.  I've been so busy with work and working in the kids' classrooms that my craft table has been feeling terribly rejected.  Liz over at The Scrappiest celebrated her 100th sketch last week and in celebration, she created a sketch-a-day for everyday last week and I couldn't work on any of them...not to worry, they are all printed out and sitting on my table just waiting for some attention.  I did get to work on this week's sketch #105 though.  I don't normally work with 7Gypsies products (a little too vintage-y for me) but I had an online gift certificate and these Victoria Papers caught my eye...I added lots of bits and pieces from other product lines too and quite like how the whole thing turned out.  Here is Liz's sketch...

And here are my Timeless Friends...

Supplies used:
Acrylic stamp - Studio G ("friends"); Alphabet stickers - Cosmo Cricket; Brad - Basic Grey; Canvas tag- recycled from clothing; Cardstock - American Crafts; Die cuts - The Girls Paperie; Epoxy stickers - EK Success (circle sentiments) & Kelly Panacci for Sandylion (time sentiments & clock hands); Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Charcoal & Versafine in Onyx Black; Journaling tag - Shabby Chic Crafts; Patterned paper - striped pattern (7Gypsies),  My Mind's Eye (pink cutout circle), Core'dinations (yellow embossed), and The Girls Paperie (cream with black polka-dots); Pen - Sakura; Ribbon - crafts supplies

I love this photo of my dear friends, Melissa and David...it's from 2009 but it's been in my pile to scrap for a long time.  Melissa flew in for business and her husband joined her later in the week and then we were all able to meet up for lunch in downtown Denver.  Melissa was our maid of honor and it's always way too long in between visits ever since we moved.  Regardless of how much time passes though, the friendship remains so strong - some friends are just like that.  It was such a treat to get to share a few hours together while they were here and we are so blessed to call them friends.

A huge CONGRATULATIONS to Liz on reaching her 100th sketch!!!  I can't wait to see what the next 100 brings.

Pin It!

3 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

The paper is really pretty in your layout.

Sandy Ang said...

How lovely to read the story behind your LO. Thanks for coming to the Best Creation blog hop and being so kind about my quilled flowers.

Kathy said...

Love your page, and all those sweet embellies make it extra special!