Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Better Late Than Never...

I have this lovely altered Valentine's Day project that I didn't get posted before our family arrived for their visit.  Time with them was precious so I waited until today to share this project. 

Supplies used: Alphabet chipboard - American Crafts; Die cuts - The Girls Paperie; Embroidery floss - DMC: Gems - craft supplies; Ink - Brilliance in Platinum Planet and VersaMagic in Sahara Sand; Patterned paper - 7Gypsies, Echo Park Paper Co. & My Mind's Eye; Ribbon - Michael's
I received the wonderful "LOVE" chipboard quite a while ago as a RAK but it was too large for a layout and I wasn't sure what to do with it...then during that twilight time between being awake and being asleep one night it hit me - an altered project for Valentine's Day!!!  I have made the rolled roses several times before but had recently seen them with the lovely glitter and loved the affect.  The frame was an old picture that has been stashed in a box in the basement for 6 years - I had it in my office back in the days when I worked full time.  It was a TJ Maxx purchase many years ago and I know I'll never hang the picture up in our house so I took it all apart and filled in the picture space with some pretty patterned paper then adhered my "LOVE" letters to the outside of the frame using my hot glue gun.  I am thoroughly enjoying the result.  Here are some close ups...





Pin It!

No comments: