Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Old World Charm...


I'm a sucker for cool architectural photos and I'm trying desperately to improve my skills in this area.  Back in February my hubby and I took a trip to Georgetown with our new digital SLR camera in tow.  I took tons of photos of the architecture while we were there...they aren't bad, but not nearly as wonderful as I'd like them to be.  All in good time I suppose.  I really think I need to take a photography class because despite my efforts to teach myself via books I've checked out from the library, I'm finding that I am a hands-on type learner and I need to be doing while I'm learning.  Regardless, I scrapped these photos using the Pebbles L'il Miss collection that I got from Crop Chocolate a while back and I love how the colors work with the colors on the buildings.  My inspiration for the layout came from Liz over at The Scrappiest and is based on her Sketch #84.
Enjoy!!!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your architectural photos!! Love your page too! Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!!

Liz Chidester said...

Simply cute, Catherine!! Love it!